- Home Theater – What better place to watch a new movie than a room that already has the ability to limit light and sound? Basements are a great spot for a sound system, big screen tv, cozy leather couches and more. If you’ve planned it correctly, you’ll be able to watch your favorite movies without disturbing those upstairs. Make sure you install proper sound insulation to prohibit noise bleeding.
- Bar Area – This is another popular feature of a finished basement. There are simple ways to create an inviting area for your friends to come and enjoy. When combined with a game room of sorts, having the bar area close by is great when you want to enjoy some drinks over a game of pool.
- Extra Bedroom – If you have a teenager and you have a basement space, you’ve probably already been asked about them moving into the basement. Since teenagers like to sleep, a bedroom in the basement will give them extra space and quiet if needed. You might also use it as an extra guest suite especially if you include a bathroom in the space. If the inlaws come over for that long week stay, you can put them in the nicely finished basement away from your living quarters so you can keep your sanity!Game Room – Who wouldn’t want to come over to your house if you had a pool table, dart board, foosball table and pinball machine all in one room? If you have the extra space in your home and just want to use your basement as the ‘party room’, make sure you stock it full of games.
- Study, Den or Office – Provided you have taken the steps to properly light your new basement, moving your home office downstairs can be a great decision. It’s a perfect way to give yourself peace and quiet when you are on a deadline and need to concentrate.
- Fitness Room – Who needs a gym membership when you’ve got it all at home, right? Having the added space will give you a great place to run on a treadmill or ride your stationary bike. In addition, you’ll be able to situate your workout machines in front of a mounted television on the wall to make your workout go by quicker. You may also consider installing mirrored walls to create a larger looking space and to closely resemble the gym that you’ll now no longer need to pay membership fees for!
Remeber when embarking on a project of this size, it is best to get the help of a professional designer to help you stay on track and make sure that you are investing your money in the right places. Your basement will bring you and your family many years of happiness, its best to get started on the right foot.
SKD Studios in Lusby would love to help you with your next basement project. Stop by the studio or give us a call to get started! visit our webpage at www.skdstudios.com
Want to Read More?