Newport Coast Kitchen design…Does a kitchen sell a house?
We have all heard it time and time again… “the kitchen is the heart of the home” and it is true!! The kitchen is one of the most used rooms in the house, it is a place where we nourish our bodies and uplift our souls. It is a gathering place of friends and family and the one place that is used by everyone in the house. Bottom line, it is an important space.
So the question is…do you need to update your kitchen before you sell you house? The obvious answer is YES! New home buyers are looking for a home that is move in ready. If you are selling your house at the best possible price, then your buyers will want a space that is move in ready. They don’t want to buy a new home and then have to tackle the remodel of your kitchen.
Here are some things to think about when you are deciding to remodel to sell.
1. Determine your asking price and make sure that the ROI is worth it.
2. Look around your neighborhood and remodel accordingly. Basically if your selling your home in the mid 400,000 then spending $100,000. on a kitchen remodel is a mistake. Just like if your are selling your home for 5.5 million then spending only 50,000 on a kitchen remodel is also a mistake.
3. Make sure that your kitchen designer is keeping it on trend without being “trendy”.
4. Make sure you do a complete job, this means if you are going to go through the remodel, then make sure that you complete the flooring, backsplash, countertop and lighting.
5. Make sure that the cabinets you select come with a warranty that can be transferred when you sell.
6. Make sure you use a professional kitchen designer to help guide you through the process.
At SKD Studios, we have worked with many clients that remodel their space to get it ready for sale. The most common answer given when asked “was it worth it” is “YES! I wish I did it sooner, now I don’t want to leave”
So make sure to stop by SKD Studios Newport Beach to discuss the best way to get your house ready to sell and how to make sure the potential buyer sees the potential of the house!
Give us a call today at 949-612-9982 to schedule your design consultation.
Want to Read More?