The season for playing outdoors is upon us, so why not add a beautiful outdoor kitchen to your backyard landscape for your family and friends to enjoy. One important thing to remember when creating an outdoor space is to apply the same good kitchen design principals in an outdoor kitchen as you would inside. Use the help of a professional to help you make the most of the space. Below are some important things to keep in mind when planning or dreaming about your outdoor space:
- Remember that indoor and outdoor kitchens are simpatico. However there are some very significant difference; one being the exposure to the elements. Another difference is the ease of running utilities such as water – this is typically more difficult in an outdoor space.
- Select low maintenance materials and equipment designed to withstand the rigors of an outdoor kitchen.
- Complement the design of the homes architectures and landscape. Try and find an “anchor” to the design. Fireplaces make excellent outdoor room anchors.
- Plan the entire outdoor entertaining space as part of a single functional plan. Don’t isolate the cook from the rest of the backyard entertainment.
- Provide adequate task lighting as well as ambient lighting to accommodate after dark cooking and entertaining.
Let SKD Studios help you plan your perfect backyard retreat. Visit us at our Lusby studio or call us for an in home design consultation. 443-404-5686 Have a Great Week! SKD Studios https://skdstudios.com/
Want to Read More?